It was, overall, another strong performance by the Gap FC junior teams over the weekend of 12–13 September, with 6 wins, 2 draws, and 4 losses.
- U12 BYPL won 2-0 at home to Mitchelton
- U12 Division 4 won 0-10 away to Deception Bay
- U12 Division 6 drew 1-1 away to Taringa
- U13 BYPL lost 5-0 away to Virginia
- U13 Division 2 lost 4-2 away to Albany Creek
- U13 Division 5 won 4-1 at home to Peninsula Power
- U14 Division 1 won 1-8 away to Brisbane City
- U14 Division 4 lost 4-2 away to UQ
- U15 Division 1 won 1-0 at home to Park Ridge
- U15 Division 3 won 1-3 away to Albany Creek
- U16 Division 1 drew 1-1 at home to Southside Eagles
- U16 Division 2 lost 4-1 away to Bayside United
This week’s special mention goes to the U15 Division 1 and U16 Division 1 teams. The U15 Division 1 team played against Park Ridge, and received the following message via the SEQ Football Community page from the opposition coach after the game:
“I wanted to put a shout out to The Gap football club. Yesterday our 15s Div 1 boys match was an amazing game to watch. Although my team lost 1-0 due to a lack of concentration goal in the first few minutes of the match, it kept me on my toes. My players said to me after the game they enjoyed every minute of the match and look forward to our next meeting. I've been coaching for six years in total and your team is the best I've come up against. Good luck for the rest of the season and hopefully you don't get promoted so we can have another game against you next year. This is why I love being a coach.”
The whole team can feel rightly proud to have received this message.
The U16 Division 1 boys have had a challenging season so far, however, on Sunday got their first point on home soil for the season, well done. Below is a photograph of them celebrating together with Steve. Their first win is not far away.