The Gap FC is seeking applications for a new role at our club: Junior Centre of Excellence Director.
The Club has a strong desire to establish a professionally-run Centre of Excellence Program for the 2019 season and beyond. Our club is making a strong commitment to the targeted development of individual junior players who are showing potential to play at higher levels and be future players for our senior high-performance teams.
The Junior Centre of Excellence Director is an integral role that will have sole responsibility for the establishment and delivery of a successful program.
The main responsibilities will be to:
- Work with the Director – Junior Football and other members of our club as required to formulate and implement a strategic plan for the first 3 years of a Centre of Excellence Program.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive and self-funded player development program for our Under 9 to Under 16 age groups.
- Recruit, retain and lead a dedicated team of Centre of Excellence coaches.
- Lead coaching educational training sessions for Centre of Excellence coaches.
- Attend training and games for junior teams to identify players that will be invited to attend the Centre of Excellence Program.
The Junior Centre of Excellence Director will need to establish positive working relationships with the following:
- The Board of The Gap Football Club
- Director – Junior Football
- Skills Clinic Director
- Junior coaches
- Head Coach – Men's Football
- Technical Director – Women's Football
- Director of Coaching – Football Brisbane
Our preferred candidate would:
- have a Youth C Licence or above
- have at least 3-5 years of experience coaching players in the target age groups
- possess a proven ability to recruit, develop and retain coaches
- be a skilled leader with an inclusive leadership style
- demonstrate an ability to:
- think and plan strategically and practically and to convert plans into reality
- work with coaches of all ability levels
- create individualised training plans for players and provide written reports on progress
- have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Remuneration will be negotiable, competitive and reflect the importance of this program to our club.
Applications and accompanying resumés can be sent to the Club Secretary at email@example.com.