The Gap Football Club is urgently seeking the assistance of individuals to help maintain our lovely pitches and surrounds. The club has been blessed to have had a handful of volunteers who have helped maintain our playing facilities to the highest possible standard for many years. Unfortunately, we have lost three of our five existing volunteers recently due to retirement, ill health and work, and so we are now urgently seeking help.
Typical duties include:
- Mowing the fields and its surrounds. The clubs owns and maintains two ride on mowers.
- Push mowing. The club owns and maintains a push mower.
- General gardening as required.
- Unlocking and locking the facility on Fridays for the cleaners.
- Marking the playing fields.
- Ensuring the goals and nets are maintained and are in good working condition.
- Ensuring the portable goals are set up for the weekend's matches.
- Emptying bins.
- Other ad hoc duties from time to time.
This would suit semi-retired or retired individuals looking to stay active whilst giving back to the community. However, we would love to hear from anybody that would be willing to lend a hand. If that's you, please contact Tony at email@example.com.