Closed from Monday 30th June and reopen Monday 14th July.
With the half way mark for the 2014 season approaching for most teams it is a critical time for ground maintenance and preservation. It has been particularly dry few months with lots of football. Accordingly, our fields have experiences a large amount of wear and tear.
Some interesting facts for users of the fields:
- The club invests a minimum $60,000 a year in maintaining its fields, or two thirds of its annual income.
- The clubs fields are the largest asset at the club with an estimated value of over $1 million
- The club has three volunteers that maintain the fields
- These volunteers spend roughly 60 hours a week, 3120 hours a year to maintaining the club fields and facilities. They do not have an off season.
- Over 160 tonnes of soil every year is laid onto the fields
- The club uses an average of 7 mega litres of water every year. 65% of this water comes from the creek, the other amounts from rain and town water.
- Over 1000 users take to the fields every week during the season
With this in mind we have closed all fields for junior training from Monday the 30th of June 2014. Junior training will resume the week commencing Monday the 14th of July 2014.
This applies to all Junior teams. Senior teams will continue to train as they do not have a break in their playing calander.
We will be making sure that we keep the water up to the fields and will do what we can to ensure they are in the best possible for the remainder of the season.
Thank you for you help in adhering to these closures.
The Gap FC Management Committee