In 2015 the Queensland Government allocated $400,000 to The Gap Football Club to fund a range of projects that had been identified by the club to upgrade facilities.
Since that time, with the support of the Queensland Government and our local MP, The Hon Kate Jones, the club has undertaken improvements including:
- A major upgrade of our water harvesting and irrigation system.
- Upgrading mains water supply to the Club.
- Provision of a new equipment room.
- Conversion of disused concrete cricket nets to much-needed grassed training space.
- Improved lighting to meet Brisbane and Football Queensland standards and which also expands available training areas.
- A substantial upgrade of the clubhouse.
To celebrate the conclusion of these major projects, a short formal function will be held at 6.30pm, Saturday 18th February immediately prior to the Men’s first game of the season at 7pm. The Club’s Reserve team will be playing their first match of the season at 4.45pm prior to the formalities at 6.30pm.