An update on how our junior and senior female teams performed in the Football Brisbane competitions over the long-weekend of 2–5 October.
- U12 Div 1 Girls – won 3-0 at home to Annerley
- U13 Div 1 Girls – won 3-0 at home to Tarragindi Tigers
- U13 Div 2 Girls – lost 0-4 away to Pine Hills
- U14 Div 2 Girls – won 4-1 at home to Toowong
- U16 Div 1 Girls – drew 2-2 at home to Annerley
- Women's City 3 Blue – won 1-0 at home to UQFC
- Women's City 4 Blue – won 4-0 at home to Australian Catholic University
- Women's City 5 Blue – won 2-0 at home to North Brisbane
So, with 7 of our 8 teams playing at home, we put that advantage to good use securing 6 wins and 1 draw, with the only defeat of the weekend coming in an away fixture. It was good to see some solid defensive displays resulting in 5 clean sheets from the 8 matches, and a record of 19 goals scored and only 7 conceded.
A special mention for Alice W. of the Women's City 4 team who played in goal in consecutive matches for her team and the Women's City 3 side and kept a clean sheet in both games. Great work between the sticks on a hot afternoon, well done Alice.