It was a full program of fixtures for our junior and senior female teams in the Football Brisbane competitions on the weekend of 15-16 August, with the following results:
- U12 Div 1 Girls – Lost 1-4 away to Eastern Suburbs
- U13 Div 1 Girls – Won 3-2 at home to Toowong FC
- U13 Div 2 Girls – Won 2-0 away to Samford Rangers
- U14 Div 2 Girls – Lost 0-1 away to The Lakes FC
- U16 Div 1 Girls – Lost 4-6 at home to Mitchelton FC
- Women's City 3 Blue – Won 5-0 at home to Kangaroo Point Rovers
- Women's City 4 Blue – Drew 2-2 at home to North Brisbane
- Women's City 5 Blue – Won 3-2 at home to Toowong FC
So, four wins, one draw, and three defeats, with 20 goals scored and 17 conceded from eight matches played.
Well done to everyone who played, but a special mention for our Women's City 3 team who started the game with only one sub, but lost Claire C with a dislocated elbow after only 15 minutes - ouch! Not only that, but without a goalkeeper, two of the outfield players volunteered to play in goal for a half each, so a massive thanks to Georgie H and Holly B. Despite these setbacks, the team dominated in a very physical and bruising encounter, playing some very entertaining football with slick passing and great teamwork to record a 5-0 win.
Everyone at the club wishes Claire a speedy recovery, and can't wait to see her terrorising the opposition down the left again soon.