U6/7 Ground Marshals
Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrive no later than 8:00am. Normally there will be a committee member or other club volunteer who has opened the equipment room who will help you out.
- Help set up portable goals on the fields in use. These goals are kept in the equipment room.
- Collect the marshal's box which contains a megaphone and high visibility vest from the equipment room (key can be obtained from the canteen).
Once set up the following activities will be required:
- Make yourself known to the referees and assist them with anything they might need. Ensure that coaches, managers and spectators do not discuss the game with the referees for any reason. If they have concerns, they must only speak to the Ground Marshal who can choose whether any further action is required. Keep in mind that the referees are young players from the club and need our full support.
- Two minutes before game time use the speaker on the megaphone to give a warning to coaches and managers to get their team on the field.
- On game time, give 1 blast of the siren on the megaphone to signify kick off and start timing.
- To indicate halftime after 20 minutes of play and full time after another 20 minutes of play, give 1 short blast of the siren. The halftime break is 5 minutes.
- Repeat the process for starting the second half.
- Whilst carrying out the duties as a Ground Marshal you must ensure that all spectators are well behaved and observe the code of conduct. Please avoid the use of derogatory language and be consistent, objective and courteous in dealing with any unruliness. Please ensure that you report any incidents to a member of the Junior Committee.
- If there is a game on Field 1 (the main field), ensure all players, coaches, managers and spectators are kept on the eastern side of the fields (fence side near the creek).
- Where safety zones or technical areas are marked, please ensure that only coaches and players are in this zone at any time. This is for the safety of the players.
The Ground Marshal will be responsible for packing away the goals and taking them back to the equipment room, together with the marshal's box, and co-ordinating a cleanup of the pitch areas once the last game is finished at 10:40am.
20 minute halves, 5 minute halftime break