U6/7 Ground Marshals
Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrive no later than 8:00 am.
- Equipment will be located in the equipment container at the end of the road, near access to Field 1. If it's locked, the key is kept in the lock box next to the referee’s room (next to Bakeologists). See the contacts below to find out what the combination is.
- Goals x 6
- High-visibility vest
- Set up portable goals on the fields in use.
Once set up, the following activities will be required:
- Make yourself known to the referees and assist them with anything they might need. Ensure that coaches, managers, and spectators do not discuss the game with the referees for any reason. If they have concerns, they must only speak to the Ground Marshal who can choose whether any further action is required. Keep in mind that the referees are young players from the club and need our full support.
- Two minutes before game time use the speaker on the megaphone to give a warning to coaches and managers to get their team on the field.
- On game time, give 1 blast of the siren on the megaphone to signify kick-off and start timing.
- To indicate halftime after 20 minutes of play and full time after another 20 minutes of play, give 1 short blast of the siren. The halftime break is 5 minutes.
- Repeat the process for starting the second half.
- Whilst carrying out the duties as a Ground Marshal you must ensure that all spectators are well behaved and observe the code of conduct. Please avoid the use of derogatory language and be consistent, objective, and courteous in dealing with any unruliness. Please ensure that you report any incidents to the Miniroos Director (email@example.com).
- If there is a game on Field 1 (the main field), ensure all players, coaches, managers, and spectators are kept on the eastern side of the field (fence side near the creek).
- Also ensure that no one sets up portable chairs on the main field playing area, and keep kids out of the goalmouths (which are usually roped off).
- Where safety zones or technical areas are marked, please ensure that only coaches and players are in this zone at any time. This is for the safety of the players.
The Ground Marshal will be responsible for packing away the goals and taking them back to the equipment container, together with the marshal's box, and coordinating a clean-up of the pitch areas once the last game is finished at 11:15 am.
20-minute halves, 5-minute halftime break
- 8:30 am
- 9:30 am
- 10:30 am
If you need any help/assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.