Female Fives! (Summer comp)
Larger image view
The Gap FC is proud to host Brisbane’s first dedicated female football summer series, Female Fives!
The purpose of this program is to provide women and girls the opportunity to play in a competition of their peers – similar to the dedicated female winter leagues. With a focus on inclusion, the competition is open to players of all experience, even those keen to try football for the first time.
Teams are asked to nominate either social or competitive levels and attempts will be made to have games of similarly experienced players playing together to provide balance. However, the focus will be on having fun and enjoying a more relaxed summer vibe and we encourage players to join with that in mind.
- Female Fives! is open to girls and women from ages 8 (born 2014) and up.
- Players can be new to the game or existing players.
- The competition is a 5-a-side format of football played on small sized pitches to maximise fun. Each team will be required to have 4 outfield players and one designated goalkeeper.
- Teams will need to register with a minimum of 7-8 players to ensure they are able to field a full team each week.
- Games are played on the same nominated night each week for specific age groups.
- In 2022, we hosted the following age groups and in 2023 we hope to expand on this offering:
- Open Women
- The specified nights will be announced closer to the competition start but will provided at least three weeks prior to the competition commencing.
- Games consist of 2 x 20-minute halves with a two-minute half-time break.
- Competition will run for eight weeks from the week commencing October 2023.
- Games will be played at TGFC Partner Training facility, Payne Road State School.
- Parking will be available at the club with a short walk over the bridge to access the fields.
Because it's fun!