Female Fives! (Summer comp)
The Gap FC is proud to host Brisbane’s dedicated female football summer series, Female Fives!
The purpose of this program is to provide women and girls the opportunity to play in a competition of their peers – similar to the dedicated female winter leagues. With a focus on inclusion, the competition is open to players of all experience, even those keen to try football for the first time.
Teams are asked to nominate either social or competitive levels and attempts will be made to have games of similarly experienced players playing together to provide balance. However, the focus will be on having fun and enjoying a more relaxed summer vibe and we encourage players to join with that in mind.
- Female Fives! is open to girls and women from ages 8 (born 2015) and up.
- Players can be new to the game or existing players.
- Players are asked to register as a team with a manager if possible. Players are welcome to register individually and the club will do its best to find a team for you to join, however, we can not guarantee a position.
- The competition is a 5-a-side format of football played on small sized pitches to maximise fun. Each team will be required to have 4 outfield players and one designated goalkeeper.
- Teams will need to register with a minimum of 7-8 players and a maximum of 10 players to ensure they are able to field a full team each week.
- Games are played on the same nominated night each week for specific age groups.
In 2022, we hosted the following age groups and in 2023 we hope to expand on this offering:
- The specified nights will be announced closer to the competition start but will provided at least two weeks prior to the competition commencing.
- Games consist of 2 x 20-minute halves with a two-minute half-time break.
- Early bird registration is $100 per player until 1 September 23.
- $120 per player after 1 September 23.
- Registration closes 16 September 23.
- Players who have not played FQ football for 2023 will have to pay approx $25 to FQ for insurance/registration. Details on how to complete FQ registration will be provided once the club registration has been confirmed.
- Competition will run for nine weeks from the week commencing Monday 2 October 2023. Week 10 will be a catch-up week in case of rained out games.
- Registrations are open with early bird registration until 1 September 23. Registrations close 16 September 23.
- Games will be played at TGFC Partner Training facility, Payne Road State School.
- Parking will be available at the club with a short walk over the bridge to access the fields.
Because it's fun!